Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 20 2013 - We are now in a rehab home in Prairie Village, a suburb of Kansas City, Kansas.  Mrs. Thorney is sleeping a lot, still on oxygen (2 liters) when resting, but has walked 20 feet twice today.  I'm afraid it is not going to be the miraculously swift recovery I'd hoped for and we have sometimes seen before, but she is very much herself mentally and we have good hopes for the future.  IF anyone in the KC area would like to do a nursing home visit, message me on Fetlife.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the trend, if not the speed of reovery. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

Mrs Thorney died in 2016, shortly before her 92nd birthday, going strong and enjoying life to the end. (When the doctor said, "you have an aortic aneurysm, you'll have to take it easy" she replied - I've never taken it easy, and there is no quicker and more painless way to die than a burst aortic aneurysm." She enjoyed the next two weeks thoroughly, and died in my arms.

I've disappeared from the web, essentially, since Mrs. Thoreny left me to a friend of hers who is web-shy due to a history of lots of security clearances. (Now also very safely retired).